Time for Carers Appeal
Help us to raise £25,000 and give carers a break.
Time is a precious commodity – we all know there is never enough of it. For carers it is time for themselves that is often absent; most never clock off. The State Of Caring Report 2017 from Carers UK found that 27% of carers struggle to get a break because the care they needed for the person they support was not on offer.
We need your help to raise £25,000 and give unpaid carers a break…Because a few hours can make all the difference.
- The chance to take the kids to a football match
- To keep fit, be active or take up a hobby
- Seeing friends or enjoying some precious ‘me’ time
- Help with practical tasks around the house and garden
Read how a break can make a difference to Anita: Anita’s story
Give a little bit of your time
There are lots of ways to get involved and help raise the £25,000 needed to make a difference, from fundraising to making a donation.
- The girls at Westonbirt School held a charity ball in aid of our appeal
- Melksham Rotary Club donated £500
- Jo hosted a fundraising cream tea and raised £250
To find out how you, your company, or your community group can support the Time For Carers Appeal please email Jon Berridge at email@example.com
Ready to have some fun?
From quiz nights and balls, to football tournaments and bake sales, or maybe you’d like to set yourself a personal challenge – whatever you love to do or want to do – turn it into an amazing fundraiser. There are lots of things you can do to raise money and help us to support even more carers:
· Cupcakes for Carers – organise a fundraising bake sale
· Skydive- we’ve teamed up with GoSkydive for a once in a lifetime fundraising experience
· Run for us, or why not get muddy with a Tough Mudder?
· Cycle Challenge – take on a 100 miles for £100
· Make us your Charity of the Year at work
You could make a difference to carers like Anita. Read her story here.
Whatever you decide to do, our friendly fundraising team are here to help you make it a success. We can visit your group or company, or give you a call to talk things through. Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to support us
Our 200 Club is a mini lottery draw held every month with half the takings going to Carer Support Wiltshire and the other half being given out as cash prizes. It’s a fun and easy way to help us raise money and support even more carers. Find out more here.
Download an entry form here.
Give while you shop
Give as You Live is one of the easiest ways to support a charity of your choice when you shop online. With over 4,000 leading stores participating including Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s, John Lewis and Amazon. Sign up here: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/csw
Sorry, there are currently no events to tell you about, but don’t let that stop you from organising your own. The lovely people at Indigo Antiques held a fundraising coffee and cake morning and raised lots of money for our Time for Carers Appeal.
We couldn’t do without our team of amazing volunteers who give their time to help us. But we need more!
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and learn new skills to add to your CV. It’s an opportunity to experience new things, be part of a friendly team making a difference and it’s fun too! Whether it’s a few hours a week, or a day here and there, the time you give really does matter. There are lots of ways you can get involved:
- Helping out at events.
- Admin and office support
- Working with our support team
- Offering complementary therapies and pampering
- Giving talks to community groups
- Be a carer volunteer in the regions hospitals
As a Carer Support Wiltshire volunteer, you will:
- Make a real difference to unpaid carers in Wiltshire
- Receive any necessary training, support and ongoing development for your role
- Meet other lovely people like you and become part of the CSW team.
Find out why volunteering is so important to Viv here
If you would like to find out more please get in touch with Vince Danaher on 0800 181 4118 or you can apply now by clicking on the find out more button and completing an online application form.
Corporate partnerships – working together to make a difference
A corporate partnership with CSW is a great way to help boost team morale, demonstrate to staff and customers your commitment to CSR and make a lasting difference to your local community.
We can offer:
- Brand awareness: With sponsorship and PR opportunities, your brand will benefit from working with a respected local charity
- Staff engagement: Regular updates and a thank you from the team and the carers we support
- Support: Our dedicated team will help you with ideas, planning and delivery. We have leaflets, banners, collection tins and more enthusiasm than you can shake a stick at
- Team building: Group challenge events and volunteering are great for team building. We can help tailor a package that works for yours
- Working For Carers: help your business retain the people who matter most – your team. Click here to find out more.
By supporting a local charity your business can make a real difference to your community.
By supporting Carer Support Wiltshire you could help someone like Sophie reach for the stars.
To discuss how we can work together, contact the fundraising team at email@example.com
Your donation will help support carers in Wiltshire. It will make a real difference to those that need it.
- £25 could provide a trip to the cinema for two Young Adult Carers to enjoy time with their friends and a break from their caring role.
- £50 could provide pampering sessions and a rare treat for five carers.
- £150 could pay for a series of counselling sessions for a carer who needs additional support.
- £250 could provide ten driving lessons for a Young Adult Carer.
An easy way to make a donation is online
If you would like to support us by making a regular gift please complete a form and return to us.
Donate by cheque
Please make your cheque payable to Carer Support Wiltshire and include your name and address so that we can thank you. We will never pass your details on to anyone else.
Gift Aid it
Every gift you make to Carer Support Wiltshire – whatever its value – could be worth more at no extra cost to you just by choosing to Gift Aid it. Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs will add an extra 25p to every £1 you give to Carer Support Wiltshire. Please just fill out our Gift Aid form and send it to us together with your cheque.
A Gift in your Will
Please consider leaving a gift in your will. With your help we can plan for the future and make a difference to many more carers in Wiltshire.
Remembering Carer Support Wiltshire in your will does not mean excluding family or friends. You can easily include everyone and everything that matters to you, providing security for loved ones and your chosen charity.
How to leave a legacy
You should always consult a professional, such as a solicitor or financial adviser, to be sure your Will reflects your exact intentions and that you understand the tax implications.
If you’ve already left a gift to Carer Support Wiltshire, thank you. It’s now really important to let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy our delightful tea-towel or handy re-usable shopping bag that fits neatly into your hand bag or pocket and help us to raise money to support more carers.
All proceeds go directly to helping us to support unpaid carers in Wiltshire.
Christmas Cards £4.50
Designed by Gwen Brocksom who cares for her husband Ken who has had a series of strokes over the last seven years. They have been married for 62 years
Designed by Nicky Morgan who cares for her 15 year old son Alex.
Each page contains 10 cards, 5 of each design. The greeting inside the cards reads ‘Happy Christmas’.
Tea Towels £5.00
Buy a towel and help us to support carers living in Wiltshire.
A great addition to any kitchen (they have great drying power!).
Re-usable shopping bag £2.00
The Carer Support Wiltshire shopping bag is small enough when folded to fit into your handbag and big enough to hold that unexpected spot of shopping. Support carers in Wiltshire by carrying yours.
Navy blue nylon bag 33cm x 37cm